Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Ripley - The Final Furbastard

When Derrick and I moved into our apartment, we got all of our furniture situated, looked around, and said, "Awww HELLLLLL NAW we do not have the space for a dog. We have one furbastard, we have one shell baby, and we are content."

Ok, so content was the wrong word. We are both dog-people, through and through. We both grew up with dogs, we both love dogs, I love training dogs, I love dogs, and love. And dogs. I love dogs so much that I trained Scruffin McMuffin to do dog things, like sit, sit pretty, shake paws, and roll over (we are still working on that one). I have never had a dog in my adult life and it was kind of killing me.

Here is a chronological list of how the dog conversation went:

"We don't have the space,"

"Well, we could make it work, but we don't have time."

"Well, I think we could make time, plus we can get a dog-walker for the long field days."

"Let's just look at dogs online."

"Oh look at this one, isn't she cute? She has Yoda-ears, a pink spot on her nose, and OMG she only has three legs?! I loved my tripod dog back in super early college days!"

"I'm just going to send in an application, just to see if we would be accepted as potential adopters."

"Oh look! The adoption organization is having a meet and greet event next Saturday! I'm going to go meet some dogs, including our favorite one!"

"Don't worry, I won't bring a dog home today. I'm just going to meet her and if I like her we can make an appointment to talk to her foster parents."

"I brought a dog home even though I said I wouldn't."

And that's how we got our wonderful Ripley. Since Derrick and I are only attracted to discarded and messed up animals, we immediately loved Ripley. And for those of you who are wondering: yes, she is named after Ellen Ripley from Alien because they are both badass bitches who have been through hell and back.

THE BEACH IS MY FAVORITE PLACE BESIDES ALL THOSE OTHER
PLACES THAT ARE MY FAVORITE

Just a girl and her beef trachea. #justgirlythings

"Human. I need cheek scratches. Right now."


No comments:

Post a Comment